Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Bad Month
So I figured I should probably write something, since I haven't in like 2 months. I'm not gonna lie, this past month has been crappy. Between depressive episodes, psycho parents, and losing my job, I have not been a fan. For those of you who read this and don't know (who is probably no one), my position at school got cut due to the mayor insisting on another $800,000 in budget cuts. My contract runs until the end of the summer, so I luckily get paid until then, but it still sucks. I truly had started to feel like Nashua was home and that I fit in at my job. I love the people I work with and it breaks my heart to have to leave. Then there's the whole issue of me getting let go over others who are less qualified, but don't even get me started on that one.....I think I've finally come to terms with it though. I was almost a little amused that I went through all the stages of grieving in like 3 days. The first day I was overwhelmed and couldn't stop crying, the next day I was in shock and numb, then that quickly turned to anger, then blame and denial, and I am now accepting of it. So here I sit, eating all but the lemon starburst jelly beans and enjoying the gorgeous sunny weather. I think it's probably the weather that has lifted my spirits. It truly has been gorgeous all week and it supposed to even hit around 70 on friday. I am still worried though. I do not like the unknown. I am sure this is a test, but I honestly don't know what to do with it. I'm looking at jobs all over the state, but do I try to stay around here? Do I go to a different state? Now would be the time to decide that, but we (Oliver and I) just don't know. Oliver is doing his whole, "I support you in anything" thing, which is sweet and all, but so not helpful. So anywho, we'll see. If anyone hears of any biology teaching positions, please let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment