Thursday, February 12, 2009

Updates

Well, I figured I should write a post since I hadn't in a while. Lets see...what is new?...The new semester has started for me at school which I have to say has really been a stress reliever. I have all honors classes this semester and while I miss some of my students from last semester, it's really nice not to have to deal with the day to day rudeness and disrespect. Honors classes require a lot of work in a different way, but these students actually make me want to come up with great lessons for them. While I know the importance of helping the lower level students to learn, it's very hard to keep going when they act like they don't care. So yeah, less stress there. Oliver's still doing the Radio Shack thing. He's sorta looking into schools, but I sure wish he would got for it more because it really would be good for him. He and I both had the flu last week which was crappy. He had it worse than I did because I was taking a homeopathic flu remedy, but it still took a lot out of me. I took last friday off to try to recuperate because I could barely function at work due to the fact that I was so exhausted and run down. That started my great weekend. On saturday I somehow broke a tooth. I think it might have been because of my wisdom teeth pushing on it. Then sunday night I literally did not sleep at all because I was having horrible pains in my gut. I thought it was the stomach bug and had to call in monday again, but I then I called the doctor because I didn't actually get sick. Due to how I felt and the soreness I felt the rest of the day, my doctor told me that it was likely 1 of 2 things - either my apendix was going or I have ovarian cysts. My apendix still hasn't burst, so maybe it's the 2nd one. I have an ultrasound on monday to hopefully figure it out. I don't want to have cysts, but I also want to know what the heck is wrong with my body. I have to admit, I'm really worried. Other than that, not much is going on. Oliver is taking a week off the same time I have February break, so that will be nice. Hopefully we'll get to go see family. Ok, off to watch Smallville, even though I should be grading....

No comments: