Monday, November 3, 2008

Car Registration

So I finally got around to registering my car today...finally. Boy is it expensive to register a car here! In VT, it costs $60 to register my car. NH? $375! I know part of that is new plates and everything, but still! I guess NH has to tax some things... There was a women ahead of us with 2 children, who I felt bad for because we were in a crazy long line and obviously, young children are not good at waiting in lines. Then her little girl (probably 3 or 4) took off her hat and I realized that she had no hair and looked like she was probably going through chemo. And yet, here is this little girl, just singing away into the toy microphone that she had with her. It made me want to both cry and smile at the same time. I also became suddenly very annoyed with myself, because I complain about many things on a daily basis, even though things could be so much worse. And I know they could be worse and yet I still complain. It is really frustrating and I don't understand why I cannot stop. What is it that makes adults "grow up" and lose that childhood innocence? Ok, I'm rambling. Tomorrow there is no school which is nice, but it's an inservice day, which means workshops. I'm actually going over to Pinkerton Academy to take part in workshops given by the National Science Teacher's Association. Should be good. We'll see. Ok, off to watch some TV then get some rest because I'm finally getting on top of this cold! (knock on wood....)

No comments: