Friday, December 12, 2008

First Storm

So I was kinda laughing yesterday about the weather people talking non stop about this storm we were supposed to be getting, because they kept changing their minds about whether it was going to be bad or not. I was fully expecting to at most have a delayed opening for school today. However, as usual, the weather people were a bit off and the storm was a dousy for many people. If you are reading this and not from NH, there was a nasty ice storm in these parts. There are trees/branches down everywhere and people are without power all over the place. We are extremely lucky and our power came back on this afternoon, but we were without it this morning. Oliver's uncle and cousins just came over for dinner and some Wii because they have been without power all day. Oliver had the day off anyway, so after the roads were salted, we took the opportunity to do some Christmas shopping. This was kinda hard to do since if you have ever been to Nashua, Spitbrook road (down by the mall) is one of the busiest roads ever this time of year, and the traffic lights weren't working. Good times...Regardless, we did get some shopping done, but still a lot left. I'm going to try to brave going up to Manchester tomorrow, although I really don't like driving around there so we'll see. Other than shopping, I have been working on crocheting another afghan. I'll attach pictures when it gets a little bigger.

I luckily don't have pics of the destruction this storm caused because we were very lucky to not have a ton around us. They had a lot of it cleaned up by the time we went out. We feel very blessed to have power right now and are praying for those who don't.

No comments: