So if you don't already know this about me, this time of year is my favorite. Despite the cold and often depressing weather, I love the holiday season. Decorating for Christmas is one of my favorite activities, especially the tree. I wish there was a job that I could just decorate trees all year...Lol, I remember one year I spent hours decorating one of our trees and it was just perfect. But of course, the tree was too heavy and fell over in the night, breaking half the things on it. Such drama the next day...Our tree this year is the perfect size. It was one of those trees that just "called out to me" at the place where we bought it. I know this sounds crazy, but it just "felt" like the right one. Anyway, my point of this blog is not to complain, but to just say that I wish people would remember what Christmas is all about. I can't believe the things I hear in the news, like someone dying just because people had to get into a freakin store a minute early! What is this world coming to...? Christmas is supposed to be about love and family, and thinking about what we are thankful for (yeah, I know that's Thanksgiving, but they're close enough and it counts for Christmas too). What is the point in even celebrating Christmas if your going to get all crazy about the "perfect" presents to get or hate how much money you're spending. It's not about the presents....Anywho, that's my bit for today. I put a before and after pic of our tree because yes, I am a picture fanatic.

1 comment:
Lovely tree! Good job :) I like the reminder of the "reason for the season" too.
Post a Comment